Agreement for services
Between: refiine (“We”, “Us”, or “agency” in this document)
And you: (“you”, “Client Name” or “client” in this document)
We pride ourselves on being helpful and flexible, but it’s a good idea for us to have a written agreement so we both know what to expect. We believe agreements like this should be easy to understand, so we’ve made sure this one uses clear language.
Having said that, if anything is unclear, please ask us. We’ll be more than happy to clarify.
What do we both agree to do?
As a refiine client, you agree:
• You have the authority to enter into this contract on behalf of your organisation
• To provide us with everything we need to complete the project, when we need it.
• To review our work, provide feedback and sign-off within agreed timescales.
• To stick to the payment schedule described at the end of this agreement.
As your agency, we confirm:
• We have the experience and ability to perform the services you need from us.
• We will carry this service out in a professional manner.
• We will respect the confidentiality of any information you give to us.
Changes and revisions
Most clients require us to make some changes or amendments to the work we do for them. That’s normal. As this is a fixed-price agreement, we do have to limit the time that we spend on each stage.
This agreement therefore includes:
• Production of wireframes
• Design of visual drafts in PDF format.
• Two rounds of changes for each page, if required.
• Development on a test site
• At the development stage, one round of text/image changes only. No design layout changes are included at this stage, and as such if any structural change is required this will be charged at our standard studio hourly rate
This only applies to the point where you sign off the work or when your website goes live.
This bit’s quite important…
Make sure you are completely happy with the work described in the Schedule of Works before you sign this agreement. These details may not be changed once this agreement is in place and any changes must take place within the scope of what’s described there.
The reason for this is that changing the assignment details can create lots of extra work for us, particularly if we have already spent time on the project. This is not budgeted for in the cost that we have quoted.
The main circumstances in which this situation is likely to occur are if you:
• Decide to redesign the structure of the website or the layout of pages themselves. For instance, changing the site map or adding extra pages.
It is best for both parties if we don’t start work until these items have been agreed.
When full and final payment is received, as per our payment schedule in this agreement, copyright of the work we produce is automatically assigned to you. You can then use the site however you wish.
Until final payment is received, copyright of the work remains with refiine.
We love to show off our work, so we reserve the right to display and link to your completed project as part of our online portfolio. (The link will help your Google ranking, so there’s something in this for you too!)
As well as this, we do often request a testimonial relating to our work together once everything is complete; this is of course completely your decision whether you choose to review us.
Prompt and full payment is important to us and as such we ask that you agree to stick to the following payment schedule, which is broken down into payment stages as follows:
40% four weeks into the project
10% deposit on sign off
Any invoice, overdue by more than five working days can incur a 10% late payment charge.
Cancelling this contract
If you wish to cancel this agreement, you will be required to make a payment to cover all stages of work completed to that point, as well as any stages in process at that time or studio time booked out for your project.
We strive to ensure all facts and statements in our work are true and that our work doesn’t infringe upon any copyright or other right of a third party.
However, we can’t be liable to you, or any third party, for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages which arise regarding this assignment.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You cannot transfer this contract to anyone else without our permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed.
Although the language used in this agreement is simple, the intentions are serious and this contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
(Ok, that’s the tricky bit over with.)